PDA

View Full Version : Room color goofiness - RAC 2008

ron.sanpedro
2008-04-27, 06:55 PM
I have a plan where one room refuses to color fill, while all others are fine. Indeed, a room right next to the bogus one fills fine. Both rooms use the same value to drive the color, both rooms are on the same workset, both rooms are fully enclosed, both room heights are the same. And if I delete the offending room, then copy the adjacent one into its place, no color. Reverse the procedure (bad copied to good location) and there is color. So it certainly seems to be a spacial problem, not a settings on the room problem.
Strange days indeed. Any thoughts?

So, had a epiphany, and found the cause, if not the Cause. As you see in the image, down in the corner where we have a pair of walls wrapping a column, the room goes wonky, as you can see by the blue lines. If I pull the north/south bit of column wrap down into the exterior wall far enough, the color will fill properly. until then, there is some weird loop thing happening, and i probably have some tiny little bit of color somewhere, just to small and out of the way to be seen. For what it is worth, we used two bits of wall for the column wrap (and three bits at the mid-wall columns) because an Architectural Column would inherit layers from the exterior wall all the way to the gray insulated exterior stud, and that ain't no good. Not sure if using walls instead of architectural columns is the problem, but it seems to be a hint.

Thanks!
Gordon