PDA

View Full Version : scheduling keynotes

woethesinner
2004-09-08, 08:01 PM
OK So I've made a family with an annotation whith a smackload of parameters that i can throw onto my drawings so i can schedule linked objects...i am trying to schedule it and its just a no go, I can't seem to find any of the parameters I need to put into the schedule. Are there any souls out there who have had this issue or know what I might be doing wrong?

thnx
-Woe

PeterJ
2004-09-08, 08:12 PM
Suggest you post it and define a little tighter what kind of no go your scheduling problem is.

woethesinner
2004-09-08, 08:21 PM
Not to sound all cryptic and such but I can't post it, confidentiality agreements and all that fun stuff. Basicaly i'm trying to get linked items to show up on my schedules. I have created a Keynote (which is a family composed of an anotation with many various parameters). I now wish to make a schedule but when i go to create a new schedule i can not seem to find any of the parameters on my Anotation family to add to my schedule. I apologise if I'm not giving you all you need I've only really been working with revit for a few weeks and even so mostly in building families.

-Woe

sbrown
2004-09-08, 08:34 PM
view new noteblock not schedule if you are using the keynote type tags.

hand471037
2004-09-08, 08:37 PM
Annotation family parameters use Note Block Schedules, not normal Schedules.

So go to View -> New -> Note Block, and I think you'll find what you need there.

dang! to slow on the draw! Scott, you win this round ;-)

Scott D Davis
2004-09-08, 08:39 PM
If these extra parameters that you need are not Revit out-of-the-box parameters, but your own, they need to be created as Shared Parameters. (see Help files) Shared Parameters allw you to schedule anything that Revit doesn't already provide.

ajayholland
2004-09-08, 09:21 PM
view new noteblock not schedule if you are using the keynote type tags.

Right. Generic annotations like keynotes use Family parameters. All the data is in the annotation instance. The data is not being extracted from the objects tagged. Additional parameters not imported from the family editor can be added in the note block via its properties.

~AJH

jerseydevil776
2004-09-09, 05:34 PM
Thanx you for all your help. I work with the Woe. Your suggestion helped, it solved our problem, however we have a new one. Does Revit allow you to copy and paste information within a schedule? We have a field that repeats a number of times, can we copy and paste? or must we type it repeatedly?

Da devil

Scott D Davis
2004-09-09, 05:44 PM
yes. if its a family parameter, a drop down list will be created which allows you to quickly change one 'cell' which will then affect all instances of that family in the project. If its an Instance parameter, click in the cell to enter 'edit' mode, then highlight the text, ctrl-c, then go to the cell where you want the text, click to 'edit' the cell, then ctrl-v.

woethesinner
2004-09-09, 05:50 PM
thank you scott, who the hell needs phil whern you have scott >:) more questions to follow