PDA

View Full Version : Fatal error when modifying view templates

patricks
2008-04-28, 07:33 PM
I'm getting a fatal error when I try to modify the visibility of linked Revit files in one of my view templates in 2009. Can anyone else with a linked Revit file in a project try to replicate this? While in an open file with a linked Revit file, go to Settings > View Templates, pick one, click to open Revit links, then click the By Host View button to see if you get an error.

patricks
2008-04-29, 01:37 PM
Support set up an FTP for me, I'm uploading files now. I re-created the problem several times in several files, even a blank project with a file linked in.

aretap
2008-04-29, 02:20 PM
Yeah here too!
They have had our files and journals for over a week now and still no answer. They have the work around as just setting up a view to how you want and then saving it as the template. Only problem we have is that when we do it that way we get another bug. The template settings of a linked file don't get remembered by Revit and after a period of time (i.e a few stc or who knows what all the template Visibility Graphic settings for linked files go away and you have to reset them. NICE!