PDA

View Full Version : Problem and desperation : Level height problem !!

Richard McCarthy
2004-09-08, 09:54 PM
G'day guys....

I seem to run into a persistent problem I can't seem to solve and I am quite desperate..
I have just used phasing and I put all my existing on Phase One (everything like walls, doors, floors) And then I started to demolish and add on new alteration and put it on Phase Two.
Now I just found out that my Existing (Phase One)'s level heights are WRONG...!!
I then proceed to change the level height to the correct height, and it seems it doesn't matter how much I try to change it, the floor to floor height seems to be lock together now...if I try to drag level line "Level 1" up 500, the ground floor level gets drag up 500 as well and when I drag the ground floor down, the level 1 gets drag down as well....
Does anyone know if this is related to phasing? and how do I solve this problem...?!!
I am quite desperate here...

beegee
2004-09-08, 09:57 PM
No its not related to phasing.

Most likely you have a dimension string that constrains your levels so that moving one will move the other(s).

Richard McCarthy
2004-09-09, 02:29 AM
I have checked and double checked.. I can't see any level or dimension been locked.. and this is been buggering me all day now.. I can't get the stairs right when levels are wrong.. :(

HELP HELP 1! :D

sbrown
2004-09-09, 12:40 PM
When you pick on the level marker, in the options bar click the activate dimension button, this may reveal a locked dimension symbol, then you can just unlock it. If that doesn't work try move, disjoin.

SkiSouth
2004-09-09, 01:19 PM
did you use the attach wall command? I've had issues with that on projects. If so, simply detach all walls on this level and see if that works, that is - if you already haven't tried it. - You know, create a floor, attach all walls to this floor /roof - That command has bit me before.

beegee
2004-09-09, 10:01 PM
did you use the attach wall command? I've had issues with that on projects. If so, simply detach all walls on this level and see if that works, that is - if you already haven't tried it. - You know, create a floor, attach all walls to this floor /roof - That command has bit me before.
Attaching walls to floors should not constrain a level. It should just mean that the wall will remain attached to the floor when the level height is changed and the floor moves with the level. I've not seen this behave any other way before.

Garn
2004-09-10, 01:01 AM
It may be that you have deleted or concealed a constraining dimension. Also it doesn't have to be locked but may just be equal. And the dimension may not necessarily have been from level to level but from a model component such as a wall, floor, stair (I'd even check your stair sketches for this) back to a level.

Richard McCarthy
2004-09-10, 03:04 AM
Thanks guys,I will try to detach all walls and check stair dimensions...