PDA

View Full Version : Deck railing

footbridge
2008-04-28, 11:49 PM
Looking for different styles of deck railing any thoughts?

Lee

LORAC Designs

SkiSouth
2008-04-29, 02:13 AM
not to be smart, but have you looked at books and magazines? or are you wanting a place to download railing families assembled?

Teresa.Martin
2008-04-29, 03:19 AM
Hi! Have you taken a look at the Revit Sample files available through the Autodesk Web Library. There are quite a few and it could give you some ideas as to what is possible.
Best regards,

footbridge
2008-04-30, 09:51 PM
OK Skisouth, I deserve the comment amount looking in magazine and books..I should've been more specific. I was looking for families assembled. In my past designs I've always use Revit default for Residential and commercial railings and it's never been an issue, I need to spend for time with the railing tool. One of my clients was looking for a specific look for a railing and I thought there maybe a family for it.

Thanks for your feeback.

Lee

Carlos GT
2008-05-01, 03:23 PM
If you have an specific type of railing on mind, definitely you should use the railing tool and create it from scratch, The railing tool is not that hard to understand, just go through the help menu and will find that you can create any type of railing, you just have to create your components (ballusters, posts, etc).

Good luck.