PDA

View Full Version : My Impression of Impressions

BomberAIA
2008-04-30, 11:37 AM
I exported a 2d Site Plan to Impressions. I had multifamily buildings with several units on each floor. It was very easy to add a hand draw color to the buildings. When I tried to add shadows it overlaid the shadows with the building color. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing, but I tried 4 different site plans and read the Help. So, I went to the tried and true method by using SketchUp & Piranesi. It turned out great. I will try and read the tutorials again to see if I'm doing something wrong.

iru69
2008-04-30, 01:52 PM
So far, my impression of Impression is that Revit > SketchUp is a way better work-flow for getting sketchy-looking drawings.

p.s. - you keep referring to it as "Impressions". It's singular: "Impression". Otherwise I'm going to start referring to "Revit" as "Revits". ;)

I will try and read the tutorials again to see if I'm doing something wrong.

gwnelson
2008-04-30, 02:13 PM
p.s. - you keep referring to it as "Impressions". It's singular: "Impression". Otherwise I'm going to start referring to "Revit" as "Revits". ;)

I think that should be Revit's

atbergma
2008-05-01, 03:43 AM
How about The Revits?

truevis
2008-05-01, 04:01 AM
How about The Revits?

And we all know how painful that can be!

:beer::Oops:

So what's the best way to get to Impression from Revit? DWF with shadow casting was no good last time I checked because it's just a raster image. Any way to get Revit shadows into Impression?

BomberAIA
2008-05-01, 11:26 AM
Sorry for for the "s". I'm an architect, you know I can't spell. I did go back to the forums and tried to find out how I could fix the shadows from overlaying the color fill. I followed the steps and it still doesn't work as well as SketchUp.