PDA

View Full Version : 2 Minor Style Points

designer56644
2003-07-29, 12:11 AM
Howdey All:

1) Is there a way to force Revit to quit automatically defaulting to wall
centerlines on edits, highlights, stretches, etc...? As an aside to this issue, when my drawing starts to become "populated", and I highlight
an element for editing, etc., it seems that Revity just kinda gets a wayward thing going and refrence points become almost anything in the drawing. Sometimes it is hard to focus on an edit or snap an angle under that circumstance :(

2) I imported a titleblock logo from an existing drawing, vector linework which took a ling time to do, so it came out of a .dwg, and will turn to mushey-mush if I rasteriize it... The only way I could get it to link was to import it into an annotation template, and create an annotation family so it would drop into the sheet family. No biggy...figuring that one... out ;)

Prob is, my text that exists "above" the base artwork in the sheet template partially masks the underlying linework. That is any type of text. Arhg. It seems that if I want text to appear between horizontal seperators (lines) that it needs to be much smaller than the whitespace between the lines. I hope not.

Soliciting your sage advises:

Thanks in advance good peoples.

beegee
2003-07-29, 12:31 AM
1) Is there a way to force Revit to quit automatically defaulting to wall
centerlines on edits, highlights, stretches, etc...? As an aside to this issue, when my drawing starts to become "populated", and I highlight
an element for editing, etc., it seems that Revity just kinda gets a wayward thing going and refrence points become almost anything in the drawing. Sometimes it is hard to focus on an edit or snap an angle under that circumstance

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by defaulting to centrelines. If you hover the cursor over the wall and press tab, you should get a choice of "core face" , "centreline" etc.

If the drawing gets too populated, use the "filter" button to select the elements you want. Alternatively, go to snaps and just turn on the snap condition you are looking for.
You could also use the "temporary hide / isolate " command.

Prob is, my text that exists "above" the base artwork in the sheet template partially masks the underlying linework. That is any type of text

Have you tried changing the text property to transparent ?

beegee

designer56644
2003-07-29, 04:39 AM
Have you tried changing the text property to transparent ?

Not until now beegee, I did not know.

Thanks that there.

As far as the snap settings go, I answered my own question. Temp. dimension settings are now set to "faces".

Thanks again.