PDA

View Full Version : Journal files to get time worked???

jarod.tulanowski
2008-05-01, 12:38 PM
Is there a way to take a journal file (without doing all the math) and see what was the time used in Revit? I know I can see when it was opened and when it was closed and do the math. but that is not going to give me how much time was actually worked.

I was hoping that there was a excel spreadsheet that would filter out all of the times and then give me a total. is there anything like this out there???

Thanks in advance for the kelp:beer:

DoTheBIM
2008-05-01, 02:38 PM
That would likely require a custom program to parse the journal file to do what you want. An algorythm would be needed to decide what's considered down time and what wasn't. I know for us this would be very inaccurate as someone might take a 10 min break that would be considered down time, but then take 11 min to do a structural beam calculation that is considered part of the project. Time tracking is very subjective no matter how you do it, so be careful of the face value that it offers.

jarod.tulanowski
2008-05-01, 02:55 PM
Yea I know but I was just looking for an estimate. ok I cleared out all of the misc things and just did the time on this journal file. can anyone tell me what the C,E, and H are in front of the dates?

jarod.tulanowski
2008-05-01, 02:57 PM
here is the mod journal file

DoTheBIM
2008-05-01, 03:57 PM
This is just a guess but...

C - Command (Seems to be related to things like clicking on a command button or menu)
E - Event (Seems to be related to such things a mouse moves, clicks, etc.)
H - ?? (Still looking for clues on this one... but seems to be related to user interface display or something)