PDA

View Full Version : Call Out Tags

whilgendorf
2008-05-01, 06:05 PM
I have a building that is 3 levels and I have each floor split into 2 views one showiing the North half and one showing the South half in order to fit on the page. I have created call outs and when I go to crop the view they disappear. Is there a way I can make them visible all the time?

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-01, 06:24 PM
At least one of the edges of the callout has to be within the crop region area. Otherwise they will disappear.

I assume you have one main view for the entire floor and are duplicating as dependent two other views (one for south and one for north). If you added callouts to the main view, crop the dependent ones and the callouts should show if you respect the rule I mentioned above.

Andre Carvalho

whilgendorf
2008-05-01, 06:30 PM
I do have one view of the overall and duplicated views for North & South but what I think I did wrong was I put the callouts on the North & South view not on the overall plan. I just added new callouts and referenced them to the views I am trying to get called out. That way I don't have to go back and add all the info I already added. Thanks for your help

jeffh
2008-05-01, 08:05 PM
You might want to look into dependent views as well. This is the situation they were designed to solve.

Scott Womack
2008-05-02, 11:20 AM
Also, look into/possibly turn off the Crop annotation in that view. Certain types of annotation will disappear if they are not 100% within the Crop annotation portion of the view. This is the green dashed line araound a view. We typically turn this off in a majority of the views.