PDA

View Full Version : Isolate category

mmiles
2008-05-01, 06:54 PM
Hi all,

I hope this is simple...I suspect it is....

So, I was in the dynamic 3D view> wireframe, and I selected a stair to isolate in the view. I wanted to edit the stair but once I went into sketch mode the screen week blank. What do I need to do to pull this off? Obviously, some other category must be visible too- but what category is it, and how do I isolate the object and the sketch lines?

thanks.
....later....
ah, It seems someone had similar question yesterday...simply not a feature I guess.

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-01, 07:04 PM
Have you tried to zoom all to fit? If you created your stair using one level as reference and have an offset from base and from top, your stair will be at the offsets level but the sketch will be at the reference level.

Andre Carvalho

iamreavis
2008-05-01, 07:20 PM
yOU NEED TO UNHIDE THE LINES CATEGORY, i THINK...

mmiles
2008-05-29, 07:24 PM
The problem also occurs in other types of isolations. For example I have a massing family that I use to work out geometry that I isolated in a 3D view to work on. But as soon as I went into sketch mode, all things related to that part of the mass disappeared. As for turning on the line category, I am not sure how to do that while in the special temporary view settings. Can you explain how that is done?

thanks.

ejburrell67787
2008-05-30, 08:50 AM
once you're in sketch mode and can't see your stairs... hit the light bulb button down the bottom of the screen to show all hidden elements and then you should be able to select the sketch lines and right-click select show category. If that works hit the light bulb again to hide everything once more.

HTH.

patricks
2008-05-30, 06:24 PM
Yeah it's kind of an odd thing - sketch lines for any object whatsoever are always in the Lines category. So when you isolate an object for editing you need to turn Lines back on in order to see the sketch lines.

Phil Palmer
2008-05-30, 07:12 PM
Revit itself should give us a warning about this rather than us having to figure out lines are turned off.
Take for example placing Room tags in a section view.
We get a warning about tags being 'off' and if we want them turned on - same should apply here

aaronrumple
2008-05-30, 08:13 PM
Revit itself should give us a warning about this rather than us having to figure out lines are turned off.
Take for example placing Room tags in a section view.
We get a warning about tags being 'off' and if we want them turned on - same should apply here

It shouldn't give us a warning... It should just turn on the needed sketch lines when we go into sketch mode. And turn then back off when we exit. The user shouldn't have to do a thing.

Phil Palmer
2008-05-30, 08:24 PM
It shouldn't give us a warning... It should just turn on the needed sketch lines when we go into sketch mode. And turn then back off when we exit. The user shouldn't have to do a thing.

True - I guess its my old school mentality with Revit and some of the 'unnecesary' dialogues
Nice one !