PDA

View Full Version : Can railings show in Ceiling Plans?

rmehta
2008-05-02, 03:55 PM
Hi everyone

I'm using Revit Architecture 2008 and have modeled mechanical bulkhead components as railings, as this was the easiest way to rough-in these components in a way that would be adjustable.

This strategy worked well, except I am now unable to see them in RCP views. I have everything under Railings turned on in VG, and I have checked the View depth and cut plane. Cut plane is below the bulkheads, and view depth is from the floor to the floor above. The line type for 'beyond' under railings is on solid, black thickness 1.

Is there something inherently incompatible between a ceiling plan and a railing?

Thanks for any ideas!

pwilson.112560
2008-10-02, 12:00 AM
I'm also having this issue - and the railings that I'm concerned with really are railings - lighting pipes in a theatre that hang below the balcony. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Peter

Duncan Lithgow
2012-11-01, 11:26 AM
Please see this post: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?39750-Using-Railings-for-other-reasons-Need-a-new-design-tool

damon.sidel
2012-11-01, 01:10 PM
This won't solve the problem of railings not showing in RCPs, but it might be a solution for how to draw the bulkheads and lighting pipes: curtain walls? They don't have the same kind of options that railings do, but you'd at least be able to get the majority of the profiles in with a curtain wall and then add the rest manually with additional grid lines and other profiles. Just a thought! (When railings don't work, I almost always go for curtain walls.)

Alfredo Medina
2012-11-01, 01:12 PM
Revit 2013 OneBox, recommended. If you need pipes, draw pipes.