PDA

View Full Version : Are additional parameter possible for Door Schedules

AJGKennedy
2008-05-02, 05:33 PM
This is along the lines of parameter beyond what are given when I go to the field picker for the door schedule...

The catch is... The project I am working on will be issued along side another project done in the old AutoCAD format... I am most likely going to be asked to match my schedule as closely as possible to theirs... They have many hardware columns for key notes within theirs...

Would this require me to add these parameters to the door families that I am using?

That is my guess... Thought I would ask before I start... I suppose I am figuring it out in my head as I type... but it would be nice to have a confirmation.. or if there is a easier way that would be great...

Thanks...

Scott Womack
2008-05-02, 05:36 PM
Nope, You have to add them as project prameters, applied to doors, and then you can schedule them. We do make use of Key schedules so that selecting an item can fill out several related columns in the schedule. This does save some time, since we due K-12 public schools, whith a couple of hundred doors.

AJGKennedy
2008-05-02, 06:02 PM
Thanks... I think I have done this before for something else a while back... So I will keep this in mind for when I get sked to do this... For now I will just hope they will keep things as they look, ha, ha, ha....