PDA

View Full Version : railing..thought i had posted earlier

ntnik
2008-05-04, 05:12 PM
when i introduce my post @ 8 feet on center the rest of my ballusters disappear other than the one adjacent to the post....have reviewed owners manual and tried several settings....just need post @ 8 feet on center with smaller "pickets"/ballusters @ 4" o.c.

revitmaster
2008-05-05, 02:11 PM
You would think you could just say posts @ 8' o.c. and add pickets in between at 4" o.c. max, but so far it does not work that way.

I had to put in every picket, you will start to make the balluster window scroll to get the number of pickets you need. Do some rough math to figure out how many pickets are in between the posts.

For stair shafts, I had to create a different railing type based on floor to floor heights.

patricks
2008-05-05, 02:20 PM
What you can do is set up a start and/or end post, and then just draw separate segments 8 feet long in the railing sketch. If you specify a start post and no end post (or vice versa) you should get the result you need. If you specify both a start and end post, then you need to make the post have 0 offset form the end so that they will overlap between each segment and look like one post. The drawback is that the posts at the ends may not look quite right.

It sure would be nice to have a Regular Pattern down in the Posts section, in addition to start, end, and corner posts.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-05-05, 03:42 PM
Another possible method is to create two railings in the same place and have one as the 'main' pattern with the top rail, the other with just the pickets.