PDA

View Full Version : Surface Pattern Graphics

NHURLEY
2008-05-06, 06:18 PM
I'm trying to create a quick perspective image of a clients building that still shows the brick pattern. The pattern looks fine until it gets to a certain distance away and then it get's to dense and turns all the walls black beyond that point. If we turn off the pattern on just those walls that turn black those walls are then much brighter then the others. We are trying to avoid using accurender or a rendering program because the client doesn't need a realistic rendering but we do need to show the material as brick. Does anybody know of any work arounds for this or is the best option a quick rendering using Accurender? Thanks.

sfaust
2008-05-06, 07:20 PM
Here's kind of an "out of the box" option. Since this is a function of density of the lines, you can try to print a really large pdf (say 30x42) of the view. Hopefully that will be large enough to show the detail of the pattern on these walls. You can then scale it down in photoshop or something and it should do it quite a bit more cleanly than Revit will. Not a great solution, but I think it should work depending on the view.

NHURLEY
2008-05-06, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried that prior to my original post using the same logic as you did but it did not work in this particular instance.

sjsl
2008-05-06, 08:07 PM
Download free sketchup and import to it apply brick texture

sfaust
2008-05-06, 08:07 PM
HM. bummer. You could also try exporting to ACAD if you just want a hidden line view. If you place the 3d view on a sheet and export the sheet it will give you a flat image in ACAD which should be just about what you want. Then I suppose if you want you could create a jpg with no wall patterns from Revit and composite them in photoshop to get colors & shadows...

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-06, 11:12 PM
I'm trying to create a quick perspective image of a clients building that still shows the brick pattern. The pattern looks fine until it gets to a certain distance away and then it get's to dense and turns all the walls black beyond that point. If we turn off the pattern on just those walls that turn black those walls are then much brighter then the others. We are trying to avoid using accurender or a rendering program because the client doesn't need a realistic rendering but we do need to show the material as brick. Does anybody know of any work arounds for this or is the best option a quick rendering using Accurender? Thanks.

Are you sure you are not using a Drafting pattern instead of a Model pattern? Since drafting patterns change with the scale and model patterns don't, using drafting patterns on a perspective may cause your walls to become black depending on how far the observer is from the target point.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-05-07, 04:15 PM
The likely cause of the problem is the perspective view window is too small. When you place a camera to create a perspective view, the view box defaults to 6" x 4.5" in size.

While in the perspective view, click on the crop boundary, and you should see a button at the top with the size shown inside it. Click that button, and change the width to like 18, 20, 24, 36", etc. or something along those lines. Be sure to check the box to retain the proportions so that the height of the view will also change accordingly. Then your surface patterns should show up correctly. You could also print to a smaller sheet size by just using Fit to Page in the print options.