PDA

View Full Version : Autocad MEP to Navis works manage 2009

sg555.109869
2008-05-07, 04:51 AM
I am trying to convert the Autocad MEP model to Navis using dwg format. All the objects are coming as squares and sometimes doesnot open also has these are big files. I tried thro 3ddwf and it works but the properties are not coming. I installed object enabler 2008 for Autocad mep also still not working.

Can somebody help in this issue

david.kingham
2008-05-07, 01:59 PM
Have you tried converting to nwc? The command is NWCOUT in acadmep. I don't rely on object enablers, too many things seem to go wrong.

dgorsman
2008-05-07, 02:43 PM
Check the settings, they may not be set up for MEP objects. Also, check the AutoCAD DWG/DXF loader type (I don't have Manage 2009, so this is a guess) so it matches the AutoCAD version you are working from.

steve.perkio
2008-05-09, 01:03 PM
Allow me to be the devils advocate, "Check the settings", is pretty generic, what settings should one check besides the loader?

Check the settings, they may not be set up for MEP objects. Also, check the AutoCAD DWG/DXF loader type (I don't have Manage 2009, so this is a guess) so it matches the AutoCAD version you are working from.

Perk

jprouty
2008-05-09, 01:48 PM
Allow me to be the devils advocate, "Check the settings", is pretty generic, what settings should one check besides the loader?

Perk

Steve,

The fix that I found is to download the ADT2007/ABS2007 OE and install it and set your DWG loader in Navisworks to 2007 Format.

Don't ask me why 2007 and not 2009 because I have no idea, all I know is that it is now working. Before I was having the same problems as you, only line work showing up, until I did this.

dgorsman
2008-05-12, 06:39 PM
Sorry 'bout that, perenially in a rush here. There is only one place I am aware of for settings in NavisWorks, under the Tools -> Global Options menu item.

steve.perkio
2008-05-13, 12:56 PM
No problem,

I just wanted to follow up to see if there was something that I didn't know about in the area of settings.

Thank you for the response,

Perk

Sorry 'bout that, perenially in a rush here. There is only one place I am aware of for settings in NavisWorks, under the Tools -> Global Options menu item.

mvasquez
2008-06-17, 12:50 PM
One thing to try is to make sure you save the DWG in the ISO View. For some reason when I did this everything came in ... I do mean everything. So you may have to turn off some of the materials in your objects (mainly I had to shut off the pivot point on every single slab style).
hope this works for you.

kmorin
2008-06-17, 02:04 PM
Have you tried converting to nwc? The command is NWCOUT in acadmep. I don't rely on object enablers, too many things seem to go wrong.

I agree, however then you lose the switchback functionality which is sometimes a big help if you are working on very detailed projects and need to edit something quickly and efficiently. It's almost like you just cant win.

cfraher
2008-08-25, 07:49 PM
Type in proxygraphics at the command line and see that the setting is <1>.
My model sometimes comes in wireframe and I have to toggle proxygraphics and re-save to get it to display correctly.

scott.brisk
2008-08-26, 12:52 PM
Geometry in NavisWorks depends on the display configuration that is in use when the DWG file is saved, i.e. if saved in a wireframe view in the AutoCAD-based application, it will appear as wireframe in NavisWorks. In AutoCAD MEP, there are display configurations where some piping is 2 line, and some piping is single line. You can get rid of this behavior if you go to, Tools > Global Options > File Readers > DWG/DXF/SAT and tick the option to Use ADT Standard Configuration. Go to, File > New and then open the DWG file again. Then all piping, no matter what the display configuration that was used, will display in 3D.

hhuang
2008-09-04, 05:15 PM
Our office is using Acadmep 2009. I try the command "NWCOUT". But it was not working. Can anyone tell me why?

steve.perkio
2008-09-05, 01:29 PM
Our office is using Acadmep 2009. I try the command "NWCOUT". But it was not working. Can anyone tell me why?

You most likely need to reload Navis to have the helper program (ARX?) loaded, it can be loaded manually also, I think that there is a write up here in this section (or via subscription) that talks about it.

I have attached this sheet for you.

Perk

hhuang
2008-09-05, 06:00 PM
Hi Perk:
Thanks for your information. Some the computers in our office only have the Navisworks Freedom. Can I load the ARX file to their computer so they can export NWC files also? Thanks again!
Huajie

steve.perkio
2008-09-06, 02:09 PM
Not to my knowlege.

Regards,
Perk

theald
2008-10-01, 09:56 PM
I just had that problem but in addititon to downloading ADT 2007, I also had to download MEP 2009 OE's in order to see my conduit and devices - quite an odd problem as we are running MEP 2008 but the 2009 OE's are necessary...

RobertB
2008-10-01, 10:04 PM
I just had that problem but in addititon to downloading ADT 2007, I also had to download MEP 2009 OE's in order to see my conduit and devices - quite an odd problem as we are running MEP 2008 but the 2009 OE's are necessary...If you are running AMEP 2008, then why are you loading the ADT 2007 OE? You need the ACA 2008 OE before you can properly use the AMEP 2008 OE.

pauljordan
2009-02-03, 04:41 PM
If you are running AMEP 2008, then why are you loading the ADT 2007 OE? You need the ACA 2008 OE before you can properly use the AMEP 2008 OE.

Hey Robert, I'm starting to look like your avatar with Navisworks Manage and Acad MEP 2009. I've got a 3D drawing with structural steel done in Sollidworks, elevated flooring done in Autocad 3d, and my piping done with Autocad MEP and my piping is the only thing coming in as single line.

I've created it using MEP basic 2-line, loaded and installed my enablers in the proper order, checked my proxygraphics and spun around 3 times counterclockwise while reciting the alphabet backwards.. What else can I do to get my piping into 3D like all the other pretty parts in NavisWorks?

I've also tried loading the partial menu as directed in the pdf above and I can't even find the .mnu file they've mentioned. My NWCout isn't working either..

Any ideas??

david.kingham
2009-02-03, 04:57 PM
Take a look at my old post here http://bimmanager.blogspot.com/2007/03/importing-abs-files-into-revit.html

It was specifically for getting files into Revit but the issue of piping not coming thru in 3d still applies

pauljordan
2009-02-03, 08:03 PM
Take a look at my old post here http://bimmanager.blogspot.com/2007/03/importing-abs-files-into-revit.html

It was specifically for getting files into Revit but the issue of piping not coming thru in 3d still applies

You win the prize David!! Actually, it was just the turning off of the onelines that made mine come out smokin hot and sexy.. I ran through your whole link and then dissected it down to just that part.

Thanks a ton for the help on that one.

david.kingham
2009-02-03, 08:29 PM
No problem, that one drove me crazy for the longest time

RobertB
2009-02-04, 06:58 PM
You win the prize David!! Actually, it was just the turning off of the onelines that made mine come out smokin hot and sexy.. I ran through your whole link and then dissected it down to just that part.

Thanks a ton for the help on that one.It would probably make sense to make a new display rep for Navisworks coordination.

drafting1
2009-02-06, 01:58 PM
If all else fails you can save the dwg as a seperate file. Select an isometric view, do a quick select of your MEP objects and explode them to blocks.

Save and Export to nwd by typing nwdout.

Your object will show up properly in Navis

carty_girl
2009-02-19, 09:46 AM
I faced the same problem but is was resolved when i installed Autocad MEP on my computer. the absence of autocad mep made navis unable toidentify the blocks and elements.