PDA

View Full Version : Soffit Returns

msg4amer
2004-09-09, 06:47 PM
What is the best way to do soffit returns?
I created one using an in-place family but when I do a Join Geometry, the line between the return and the fascia is still there! I know I can use the line tool to clean it up, but would prefer not to do that. Is there better way? Please see attached.

sfaust
2004-09-09, 08:42 PM
I had a similar problem with join geometry not removing the lines when joining an in place family with a wall. Anyone have any insight or solution to this other than linework tool?

Yman
2004-09-09, 08:53 PM
Use the linework tool or you can create an in-place roof family, extrusion and then join to the original roof.

Y

christopher.zoog51272
2004-09-09, 09:16 PM
be sure that the soffit return and the fascia are the same material. JG will clean up the line only if they are the same material, no linework tool required.

Personally, I use the soffit tool to create these type of returns, rather then in place families.

msg4amer
2004-09-09, 09:42 PM
Personally, I use the soffit tool to create these type of returns, rather then in place families.

Can you post an example of how to use the soffit tool for returns?

msg4amer
2004-09-09, 09:47 PM
be sure that the soffit return and the fascia are the same material. JG will clean up the line only if they are the same material, no linework tool required.

They are the same material but I still have the line. Maybe the problem is that the in-place family category I chose was Generic Models. I will try it again using the Roof category.