PDA

View Full Version : glitches ( Dual Monitor / Mouse )

lafe
2004-09-09, 07:19 PM
I am having a glitch in Revit. When I open the program, everything works normally. But after working a while, my scroll wheel on my mouse doesn't work. I have two mice that I use, and neither one works right - it scrolls very far off to one side instead of zooming in and out. That, however, isn't the biggest issue - at the same time, when I am in dialog boxes (object styles, parameters / properties) and I pick the little arrow on the right side to see all the options I have for that parameter, nothing comes down. I have to remember what the options are and type it in myself. It is very annoying and hard to be productive. I have reinstalled my mouse drivers and uninstalled Windows XP Service pack 2 thinking that those things might help. I even downloaded the newest build of Revit, and that didn't fix it. The only thing I can do is reboot.

Does anyone have any ideas? Anything will help.

Thanks -

Lafe Harris

hand471037
2004-09-09, 08:24 PM
what kinda mice are they? There can be wierd driver issues sometimes. I've found it best to turn off all of those 'helpful' features built into the mouse drivers for dealing with any software, not just Revit...

Alex Page
2004-09-09, 08:42 PM
Its a bug!!!!!
My guess is you are using a dual screen setup - REVIT DIALOG BOXES ONLY WORK PROPERLY ON THE 'PRIMARY' MONITOR (not the second one) - ALSO MOUSE WHEEL ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WITHIN REVIT ON 'PRIMARY' MONITOR AS WELL

(oops - sorry about uppercase screaming, no time to retype - deadline!!)

lafe
2004-09-10, 01:11 PM
alexpage, you are the man!!! I have been beating my head into the wall trying to figure this out for days! I've been working on my bigger screen so I could see things better and that is it. I can quit reinstalling Revit and hating my computer now. Thank you thank you thank you.

Have a great day. Isn't Revit wonderful?

Lafe

Alex Page
2004-09-11, 09:51 PM
lafe....if you fiddle with your display setup, this is what I find the best
1. Make your biggest screen the primary monitor
2. Force your windows 'start' bar (at bottom of screen) to go to second monitor.
3. Setup video card properties to force all applications to go to second monitor
4. Setup your video card application's properties to force Revit (including dialog boxes to go to primary monitor

When I'm in Revit, I drag the project browser over to second monitor - then you have Big drawing area, and open explorer on second monitor to library directory, then I can just drag-and-drop library parts in (instead of going through pull-down menus)
Really efficient

Wes Macaulay
2004-09-12, 09:23 AM
Great Tip!

I move that this be moved to the T&T section...

beegee
2004-09-12, 10:08 PM
OK Done. (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=46116#post46116)

mlgatzke
2004-09-13, 01:05 AM
Hmmmm. This is interesting. I run dual monitors and have had absolutely no problems in either monitor.

PeterJ
2004-09-13, 05:10 AM
I run dual monitors too, Mike, with no problems. I suspect it may relate to a specific cards/drivers.

Alex Page
2004-09-13, 08:37 PM
Do you mind telling me what video cards you are using...might change mine when we buy next PC

mlgatzke
2004-09-13, 10:26 PM
Do you mind telling me what video cards you are using...might change mine when we buy next PC
256MB Nvidia Quadra 3000FX on WindowsXP running dual DVI out.