PDA

View Full Version : Revit Architecture 2009 Error

soedward
2008-05-07, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know what this warning means?
"Cannot paste view references into the view they reference or into unrelated views"

I was trying to duplicate a plan view with "Duplicate with Detailing" and the above error message appears.

Thanks
Ed

dhurtubise
2008-05-07, 10:30 PM
Interesting because the message seemsto be related to copy/paste. You were using the right-click, Duplicate - Duplicate with detailing method?

soedward
2008-05-07, 10:38 PM
Interesting because the message seemsto be related to copy/paste. You were using the right-click, Duplicate - Duplicate with detailing method?

That's what I did.

mibzim
2008-05-07, 11:05 PM
I'm pretty sure we used to get this error when we tried to copy from a dependant and paste into another one...

DaveP
2008-05-08, 02:27 PM
I've seen that happen when you have a View with a Callout.
Then someone makes a Dependent View of the Callout
Now you're going back into the Parent View and trying to make a Dependent View of it.

When Revit makes a Dependent View, it also Duplicates all of the References (like that Callout), and it can't Duplicate the Callout because IT already has a Dependent.

The solution is to find which Reference has a Dependent View, and convert that View to an Independent View. Hopefully, the Dependent of the Callout was an Addendum, and you don't need it to be live anymore.