PDA

View Full Version : louver doesnt change heigth....

ntnik
2008-05-08, 04:14 PM
i can affect the instance of the louver in one dimension (width) not heigth.....i went to edit the family and create a new one to the size i need (i just need a few so i thought it would be quick).....i began editing the louver family (after saving it as a diffferent size....i realize this is not perfectly efficient)...and got it and all of its individual model parts to the size i need and then i noticed i could not seem to change the size of the opening in the wall....so part of my new biggger louver was covered by the wall.....any suggestion?

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-08, 04:38 PM
Are you creating new families to each new size? If yes, that's definitely not the way to go... You have to verify where the parameter for height are dimensioning. For instance, probably your wall opening isn't one of them since it doesn't change when you change the height of your louver.

To find the opening, on a 3D view of the louver, hit tab close to its edges and at some point you will see that Revit will select the wall opening. Make sure you add parameters to it or lock it to the appropriate reference planes.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-05-08, 05:02 PM
Just use this family. Flexes excellently, and you can even change the number of louvers by altering the louver depth, angle, and free air space between each blade so that you can reduce the number of lines in elevation if it looks too jumbled. I use this louver family every time I need a rectangular louver for anything.