PDA

View Full Version : Stacked Alternative Dimension Edit

CADMama
2008-05-08, 04:24 PM
I have attached two dwg files that show stacked alt. dims.
Anytime I do an using "ED" to edit it the text I get an extra piece of text at the end of hte alternative. I don't even have to ADD anything in the edit to get this problem.

One dwg has a dimension style that came from someone else and the second dwg file uses default dimension style with just the alternative dimension turned on. I placed a red circle around where the text was showing up in that dwg file.

This is just not right. Anyone know WHY or how to get out of it?

I have been able to edit the text using "<>\PMy edit here" type of editing and I don't get the extra text.

jmctamney
2008-05-08, 05:09 PM
I have attached two dwg files that show stacked alt. dims.
Anytime I do an using "ED" to edit it the text I get an extra piece of text at the end of hte alternative. I don't even have to ADD anything in the edit to get this problem.

One dwg has a dimension style that came from someone else and the second dwg file uses default dimension style with just the alternative dimension turned on. I placed a red circle around where the text was showing up in that dwg file.

This is just not right. Anyone know WHY or how to get out of it?

I have been able to edit the text using "<>\PMy edit here" type of editing and I don't get the extra text.

Well, I don't think I have an actual answer (yet) but I noticed it's repeating the alternate units as text in a different font. You say all you do it type ED pick the dimension and get out of the editor and the text appears?

CADMama
2008-05-08, 06:24 PM
Well, I don't think I have an actual answer (yet) but I noticed it's repeating the alternate units as text in a different font. You say all you do it type ED pick the dimension and get out of the editor and the text appears?

Yep - did you try it on either of those two drawings?

jmctamney
2008-05-08, 06:30 PM
Yep - did you try it on either of those two drawings?

I see the added text but I can't recreate your problem. There's some strange stuff going on. Are you using ACAD2009?

CADMama
2008-05-08, 06:43 PM
I see the added text but I can't recreate your problem. There's some strange stuff going on. Are you using ACAD2009?

OK - let me clear one thing up - I am using ACA 2009 - that should not make a difference.
I type ED - pick the dimension - and if I either pick the "OK" or else pick dead space in the drawing - there are these little pieces of text that come up.

Do it several times - it keeps adding them onto the bottom right hand side of the alternative text.

jmctamney
2008-05-08, 07:03 PM
OK - let me clear one thing up - I am using ACA 2009 - that should not make a difference.
I type ED - pick the dimension - and if I either pick the "OK" or else pick dead space in the drawing - there are these little pieces of text that come up.

Do it several times - it keeps adding them onto the bottom right hand side of the alternative text.

Nope, still can't recreate the problem.

I looked at the properties and there is a text override.

{\A0;\fArial|b0|i0|c0|p34;\H0.022222x;\W1; [3602.04]}

Something is adding the text and formatting it.

This is a strange one.

CADMama
2008-05-08, 07:45 PM
It is weird that I can recreate it from a new drawing file using nothing but default dimension style with just the alt dim text turned on.

I don't know what it is but this is not a good thing.

jmctamney
2008-05-08, 07:52 PM
It is weird that I can recreate it from a new drawing file using nothing but default dimension style with just the alt dim text turned on.

I don't know what it is but this is not a good thing.

Sounds like a call to Adesk is in order. Sorry I couldn't be more help.