PDA

View Full Version : Linking Revision block information to Drawing List/Schedule

sradley
2008-05-08, 07:29 PM
On the attached image you can see our current AutoCAD Drawing List.
The Drawing Numbers & Titles are appended downward, while the Date Issues & Issue Descriptions are appended to the right.

I am trying to duplicate that format in REVIT 2009.
I know it won't be exactly the same, but my question is:
How can I import the Revision Block Information parameters (Revision Sequence & Revision Description) into the Drawing List/Schedule?

So far I have not had any luck.

Thanks,
Scott

sradley
2008-05-27, 08:17 PM
Anyone...?

twiceroadsfool
2008-05-27, 08:32 PM
You cant. :(

mtyp
2008-05-27, 10:13 PM
The only way to really do something like this is manually. Add a new Project Parameter that is Yes/No or Text and manually input the information to reflect the revision information.

I am aware of an app available from revittv.com that may do excatly what you want.

Scott Womack
2008-05-28, 04:45 PM
The only way to really do something like this is manually. Add a new Project Parameter that is Yes/No or Text and manually input the information to reflect the revision information.

I am aware of an app available from revittv.com that may do excatly what you want.

On you cover sheet, you can add the Revision Schedule at the top, roatated. The Dots would have to be amnually placed. We used a symbol (Generic annotation) and copied it into place. You'd also have to add every revision to the cover sheet (we did it in the binding area) to get the complete revision list. This is a current wishlist item.

Calvn_Swing
2008-05-29, 04:49 PM

Would you care to elaborate on this?

Thanks!

Scott Womack
2008-05-29, 04:52 PM
I copyclipped this from the website.

The RevitTV.com Drawing Manager (freeware version) will do it for you.

Features include:

Track and record all drawing issues and revisions.
Automatic drawing sheet creation inside AutoDesk Revit.
Supports multiple drawing sheet templates.
Customizable parameter tables.
Automated shared parameter management.

tomnewsom
2010-10-21, 12:56 PM
Am downloading this software for a free trial, but it's a damn shame that Revit still can't do this. All I want is a list of drawings, and the revisions that have been ballooned on each drawing. That's all!

ie:

1374-20-0100 - Ground Floor Plan:
10/03/10 - A - 01 - Bathroom shrunk
10/03/10 - A - 02 - Door Removed
10/03/10 - A - 03 - Lobby finishes altered
15/03/10 - B - 04 - Lobby removed
15/03/10 - B - 05 - Kitchen enlarged

and so on, for each drawing in the project. And various other combinations of the same information.