PDA

View Full Version : corridor surfaces

tcapmusic
2008-05-09, 02:00 PM
Here is my scenario. I have a few assemblies in my corridor so a datum surface can be created from the corridor. All of the subassemblies also have the option to create a subbase material, but I have all of those values set to zero and a surface based on the subbase. Some cases the datum and subbase surfaces do not return to the meet proposed surface vertically at the daylight subassembly, even though per the assembly (and subassembilies) they should. Sometimes the datum and subbase surfaces do not match each other as well. Is there some things that I can try to fix this situation? How much does the render material setting of surfaces affect this? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Jon Ridinger
2008-06-03, 10:24 PM
If you haven't already done so, selecting "bottom links" in the "overhang correction" column in the Surfaces tab of the corridor properties may solve some of the problems you are having.

JR

sinc
2008-06-12, 09:18 PM
Sometimes, corridor surfaces will not form correctly if you use only the Links to create the surface.

You can also add Feature Lines to the surface. The Links are the lines that go laterally across the corridor at a specific station (like a cross-section). The Feature Lines are the lines that go longitudinally through the corridor, from station to station (such as the ETW line).

On the Surface Definition tab in the Corridor properties, you can specify which links and/or feature lines should be used to create each corridor surface. Sometimes, if you simply add something like the "Datum" links, the corridor surface will be funky. But then, as soon as you add the right Feature Line to the definition (in addition to the Datum link, so that the surface is created using both a Link and a Feature Line), the surface will be magically cleaned up, much like when adding a breakline to a typical EG surface.

The Overhang correction can help, too. This is for conditions where a given point may have two links with the same code, which can happen in some conditions. The Overhang correction merely tells C3D which link to use in those ambiguous cases, the lowest one or the highest one.