PDA

View Full Version : Line Weight Settings

sroy
2008-05-09, 07:09 PM
I am starting to look at setting for line weights and have a general questions. If I have line weights setup for a couple of scales, what happens when a use a scale not on the list? Do it take on properties of nearest scale listed? It appears that it this is what it appears to do when testing. It also appears that if the scale used is right between two available lineweight scales listed it goes to the scale of higher detail. Am I missing something here or is this how it works? .

So do most people do lineweights for each scale that you plan to use?
Based on the above you can probably get by with fewer scales listed know that if you pick a scale not listed, it will go to the nearest scale in the list.

sroy
2008-05-12, 06:43 PM
Is there anyone that can give their thoughts on this? Just want to make sure I understand how this works.

Scott Womack
2008-05-12, 07:57 PM
If the scale is not directly in the list, it will use the next scale's (up or down, I'm not sure which way) line settings. Only the Factory can answer for sure which way it'll use them.

aaronrumple
2008-05-13, 05:05 PM
...we've actually gone to a "flat" pen chart. One setting for all scales. We've found that the introduction of view templates gave us better control that using the scale adaptive pen settings.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-05-14, 03:21 AM
I thought this thread had a familiar ring to it...

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=34017&highlight=line+weight+scale