PDA

View Full Version : Site work - Toposurfaces

serjick
2008-05-10, 10:40 PM
I’m working on a hillside residence and am having some technical issues with pads and retaining walls. I have multiple terrace levels which I’ve created with pads and have retaining walls connecting to the top and bottom of these pads. The issue is that the topo surface tends to bleed through the wall which can be clearly seen in a 3d view, refer to attached sample images. I can’t find any options that would allow the toposurface to connect to the back side of these walls, or anything to that effect.
I’ve had better luck with splitting the toposurface into multiple sections to fix the problem, but it doesn’t seem to be an efficient use of Revit? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Mike Sealander
2008-05-11, 05:58 PM
I have found that getting comfortable with split surfaces is really the only way to find toposurfaces palatable.

luigi
2008-05-11, 10:20 PM
It sounds like the pad should extend past the retaining wall. The only thing that the topography get removed is by the location of the pad (and as you already know, by splitting the topography)
I usually only use the pad as a very thin section under my floor(1/4" or so)...I very seldom have used the pad as my conc. slab.

I’m working on a hillside residence and am having some technical issues with pads and retaining walls. I have multiple terrace levels which I’ve created with pads and have retaining walls connecting to the top and bottom of these pads. The issue is that the topo surface tends to bleed through the wall which can be clearly seen in a 3d view, refer to attached sample images. I can’t find any options that would allow the toposurface to connect to the back side of these walls, or anything to that effect.
I’ve had better luck with splitting the toposurface into multiple sections to fix the problem, but it doesn’t seem to be an efficient use of Revit? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

ian.nichols
2008-05-12, 08:39 AM
Could you just drop 3 or 4 points (at the pad height) onto the surface, along the back line of the wall- this would force the surface to come under the base of wall before rising?

Regards,
Ian

tomnewsom
2008-05-12, 11:10 AM
When it comes to Pads, I generally use them as objects for cutting the topo up, then hide them from all presentation/CD views and put Floor objects in instead. Cutting up the topo manually is a more drastic method, as it's a one-way street (whereas deleting a Pad gets you your original surface back right away)