PDA

View Full Version : roof panel

MarcinM
2008-05-12, 10:36 AM
Hi all.
I have an issue to be solved concerning a roof.
I prepared a detailed grid with dims of 1500x4500mm. I further need to fill those with panels 1480x4480 that are structured like grille.
I have created a brand new family based on curtain panel template representing their shape, however if those are later applied to the grid required, does not work in places where grid is not a full rectangle 1500x4500.

If however am using system panels everything is ok though....??!!??
I know I can edit single panels from system families but this will take ages as there are a LOT of time.

Regards
Marcin

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-12, 01:48 PM
Marcin,

If create you curtain panel as a rectangle 1480x4480, your panels will be a rectangle doesn't matter the shape of the grid lines. If you want your panels to extend/short depending on the grid lines dimensions, you will have to edit your panel family and lock its edges to the reference planes. However, you can't have them to accommodate their shapes if the grid lines shape isn't a rectangle.

Andre Carvalho

MarcinM
2008-05-12, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the reply and honestly I came to such conclusion after coupe of hours spent over trying to fit them accordingly.
However I was still wondering if maybe it is somehow possible to edit system family as a whole to achieve desired result...?? I know that I can edit seperate panels but that would take me lets say days to do as there are 200+ odd shaped panes on that roof...??

Any suggestions?

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-12, 06:53 PM
You can select all the odd shaped panels and change them to another type at once, but not editing all of them at once.

Andre Carvalho

tomnewsom
2008-05-13, 10:07 AM
There's nothing special about the system families really. All you have to do in the Family Ediotr is make sure that the edges of the panel are locked to reference planes that are a locked 10mm distance from the Edge reference planes. This will ensure your 10 + 10 = 20mm gaps, and also automatically create odd-shaped panels where required. It's less hassle to get the curtain grid lines in the right place than it is to create a load of custom panels.

MarcinM
2008-05-13, 10:31 AM
Ok, here is the image of shapes I need to achieve. I have tried different approach to achieve those, family that I created looks like is correct however I still have doubts that you can fit custom made rectangular panel into any of those?? Please correct me if I am wrong

tatlin
2008-05-13, 11:13 AM
Can you post an image of what you are looking for here?

thanks,

- matt

MarcinM
2008-05-13, 11:32 AM
As you can see in my previous post I have attached an image showing section of the of the roof with certain number of panels already fitted into the grid. I am just concerned how to make panel fit into the rest of spaces (all those triangular ones).

For puspose of this task I have created seperate family of panel and gave it rectangular shape of 1480x4980x150 (size of original panel). If however I try to put it into those triangular spaces Revit informs that such parts cannot be created and if I want to replace them with system panels (either glazed or solid) and then places them accordingly. Is there any way I can make my panel being automatically trimed to required shapes?

tomnewsom
2008-05-13, 01:32 PM
Ah, I see the problem now. What you want is an 'invisible' mullion, 20mm wide, that trims the edge off the system panels. I don't know if that's possible...

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-13, 01:52 PM
Why don't you create them as mullions instead of curtain panels? Just add as many curtain grids as you want and them create mullions. They'll be trimmed exactly as you want and probably the results will be the same.

Andre Carvalho