PDA

View Full Version : Export image problems HP vs Dell

Baldwin_4-6-0
2008-05-13, 12:49 PM
Our office has purchased some new HP desktops and I am getting errors with exporting images.

Either it just won't export it (does nothing)
Or does something like the image attached (once and a while):

I've also included the HP's system info, (these HP's came with Vista and then we wiped them clean them and put XP on them).

The Dell's we have have not encountered these problems yet.

Any one else getting strange results like this?

twiceroadsfool
2008-05-13, 05:08 PM
We have computers that will *do nothing* if you try to export an image that is too large, and at too high of a resolution. If i bump it down from 300 to 150dpi, under raster quality, that usually fixes it...

Baldwin_4-6-0
2008-05-13, 06:04 PM
We have computers that will *do nothing* if you try to export an image that is too large, and at too high of a resolution. If i bump it down from 300 to 150dpi, under raster quality, that usually fixes it...
So some computers you have work fine and some do not?

twiceroadsfool
2008-05-13, 08:45 PM
Its not some computers working and some not, it depends on the settings. If i grab the crop region of a 3d view, and make the view 36" wide, and set the DPI to 300 under Raster quality in print settings, im pretty sure ALL of our machines will "do nothing." Conversely, if i make the image a normal size, and drop the DPI to 150, i can say every one of our machines WILL export it.

As it is, the excessive DPI is sheer overkill considering we can resize the view natively in revit, so theres really no need for the rediculously high DPI, unless the plotter you have is off the wall...

Tyveka
2008-05-14, 03:05 PM
Or unless you use the image in an application other than Revit...
Why is it an option to even export the images if they don't work at the desired DPI?

Also, I've noticed that even if I set an image to export from Revit at 150 dpi, when I open it in Photoshop, it's only set to 96 dpi. And this is consistent. What could cause this to occur?

Baldwin_4-6-0
2008-05-14, 06:35 PM
I've also included the HP's system info, (these HP's came with Vista and then we wiped them clean them and put XP on them).

Seems to be a HP Vista vs XP issue, with Vista this image will export correctly.

Too bad Vista stinkith.