PDA

View Full Version : Spot Co-Ordinates - At grid intersection

benmay
2008-05-14, 11:23 AM
I am trying to place some global spot co-ordinates at grid intersections.

The spot-co-ordinate tool doesnt seem to pick up grid intersections, only end of grid lines.

The only work around I can come up with is to create a generic model family with a detail component placed in plan that locks to the grid intersection, this works well but then I have to manage which plans this shows up in. Not great

Anyone have a better solution for setting out grid intersections?

psteel
2008-05-14, 11:37 AM
Place a Detail Line at the intersection then the Co-ordinate will place. The Spot needs a line to adhere to. You could make the line small and the same style as the grid.

Hope this helps

benmay
2008-05-14, 01:44 PM
Thanks,

I was trying to complicate it with a family, thats the simple Workaround I needed

I initially tried a detail component symbol, but the spot coordinate tool wont snap to that either.

Pity the spot cooridinate tool doesnt pick up grid intersections though.

One for the wish-list,

Chris D UK
2014-08-29, 12:44 PM
Thanks,

I was trying to complicate it with a family, thats the simple Workaround I needed

I initially tried a detail component symbol, but the spot coordinate tool wont snap to that either.

Pity the spot cooridinate tool doesnt pick up grid intersections though.

One for the wish-list,

Six years later, and this still doesn't work! I need to issue grid coordinates, and you're telling me I need to use a workaround!? This is basic stuff! The Spot Coordinate tool should snap to grid intersections.

Steve_Stafford
2014-08-29, 07:56 PM
Yes, seems simple enough to allow.

The fix is easy though...so breathe deep... :)

For a formal marker, I'd use a Grid Intersection family that provides symbol graphics and line (model line) endpoints that converge on the grid intersection, like the target symbol on the stock level annotation.

Duncan Lithgow
2014-09-02, 08:41 AM
You could make the line small and the same style as the grid.Hope this helps

I would advise against this. If the line is short you risk snapping your Spot Elevation to the wrong end of the line...

pemhughes750832
2014-10-30, 11:02 AM
I would advise against this. If the line is short you risk snapping your Spot Elevation to the wrong end of the line...

We use a long reference plane at grid corners instead of a DL to lock a spot coordinate to the same position at all levels.