PDA

View Full Version : Out of Memory Revit 2009

iankids
2008-05-14, 09:47 PM
Hi All,

Since upgrading to 2009 I have run into a number of problems where Revit will shut down with the error message "Out of Memory"

Its not quite a crash, (and hence I haven't posted to the thread on crashes), as it simply says it has run out of the resources to do what it needs to do. It shuts down in a polite sort of way saving my current work as a recovery file.

As this problem occurred almost as soon as I had installed 2009, I upgraded the Ram on this machine from 2gb to 4gb.

I am running a Pentium 4 Duo Core Chipset with 4gb ram. With all the switches set, XP Pro sees 3.5bg of the ram.

As this is my general work computer, I would typically be running Revit along side programs such as the email client, web browser and the typical tsr programs such as the avg.

In the nine months of using Revit 2008, I didn't have any issues with memory capacity, even though it was only 2bg at that stage.

Has anyone else had these sorts of problems, or should I look deeper into the box and figure out exactly what is running to see if there is some ram hungry monster lurking beneath the covers?!?.

Cheers,

Ian

dsw98
2008-05-14, 09:54 PM
Hi All,

Since upgrading to 2009 I have run into a number of problems where Revit will shut down with the error message "Out of Memory"

Its not quite a crash, (and hence I haven't posted to the thread on crashes), as it simply says it has run out of the resources to do what it needs to do. It shuts down in a polite sort of way saving my current work as a recovery file.

As this problem occurred almost as soon as I had installed 2009, I upgraded the Ram on this machine from 2gb to 4gb.

I am running a Pentium 4 Duo Core Chipset with 4gb ram. With all the switches set, XP Pro sees 3.5bg of the ram.

As this is my general work computer, I would typically be running Revit along side programs such as the email client, web browser and the typical tsr programs such as the avg.

In the nine months of using Revit 2008, I didn't have any issues with memory capacity, even though it was only 2bg at that stage.

Has anyone else had these sorts of problems, or should I look deeper into the box and figure out exactly what is running to see if there is some ram hungry monster lurking beneath the covers?!?.

Cheers,

Ian

I've had this same sort of problem but have yet to experience and actual shut down (knock on wood) The first day seemed to be the worse. It's been a week now and havent' seen that error since. I don't know, maybe my computer just needed to get warmed up. Some weird things with 2009, that's for sure.

trombe
2008-05-15, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=iankids;844680]Hi All,

Hi Ian,
yes, I have a had a few of these in the last week or so when in the family editor or project environment. In my case, project files are generally not more than 50-60 Mb when saved on disk and I have 4Gb RAM and an FX1500 Quadro 256Mb card. Also, in my experience this has not happened before and only since running 2009.
I would bet though, that AD are working hard on the problem and we will probably see some progress on these and regen issue soon so hang in there because its a great release to use.

cheers
trombe