PDA

View Full Version : "cropping" a cad drawing

rupertv
2008-05-16, 07:53 AM
hey everyone...

something that i've been wanting to ask regarding imported cad drawings...we tend to have some people work up plans and then it gets converted into "3D" in parallel...it can be a very awkward design process but its something that i've encountered in a few offices...

anyway...

the question is this..l.is there any way to crop an imported cad drawing that would allow you to delete information (ie plans/elevations) that you don't need...much like you would crop an image in photoshop/photopaint/etc...and doing this without exploding the cad drawing and deleting the lines...

hope the question makes sense...

cheers

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-16, 01:12 PM
In Revit you can only crop the imported DWG to be able to the things you want inside the crop box, but the entities outside the box won't be deleted. They are just outside the box. And that crop box will work for that specific view. If you have the same DWG on other views you need another crop region.

Also, you could turn of layers, but again, it won't get rid of the entities.

That being said, probably what you want has to be done in AutoCAD, cropping the DWG drawing there before importing into Revit.

Andre Carvalho

rupertv
2008-05-19, 08:30 AM
Hey Andre,

that's what i was afraid of...thanks for the reply though...i hate having my "fears" confirmed...

cheers.