PDA

View Full Version : Editing Light and Circuit Tags

phil.pleiss
2008-05-16, 04:11 PM
In Revit MEP 2008...Has anyone edited the tags for Light/Switches or Circuits

Light/Switches:
We show our light fixtures with an uppercase letter next to them. This corresponts with a luninaire schedule. When we show our Switches we put a lowercase letter next to the switch and the light fixtures that work with that switch. For example "Ce". "C" would be the light fixture type and "e" would be the switch that works that light. From what I have seen out of the box revit doesnt work this way. If you change the mark in the light fixture properties it will tag it with a "C". If I assign a switch to it, is there a way for it to automatically put in the "e"? Also when I insert a single pole switch there is a question mark next to it. I cannot figure out how to get the "e" to show on the switch either.

Circuits:
When I tag a circuit homerun, revit just puts the circuit number next to it. I would also like it to show which panel it is going to as. ex... "L1A:12" (panel L1A, circuit 12).

I think both of these configurations are standard on electrical plans. Has anyone gotten these to work?

Thanks.

mjdanowski
2008-05-19, 05:34 PM
In Revit MEP 2008...Has anyone edited the tags for Light/Switches or Circuits

Light/Switches:
We show our light fixtures with an uppercase letter next to them. This corresponts with a luninaire schedule. When we show our Switches we put a lowercase letter next to the switch and the light fixtures that work with that switch. For example "Ce". "C" would be the light fixture type and "e" would be the switch that works that light. From what I have seen out of the box revit doesnt work this way. If you change the mark in the light fixture properties it will tag it with a "C". If I assign a switch to it, is there a way for it to automatically put in the "e"? Also when I insert a single pole switch there is a question mark next to it. I cannot figure out how to get the "e" to show on the switch either.

Circuits:
When I tag a circuit homerun, revit just puts the circuit number next to it. I would also like it to show which panel it is going to as. ex... "L1A:12" (panel L1A, circuit 12).

I think both of these configurations are standard on electrical plans. Has anyone gotten these to work?

Thanks.

A) You can hard code annotation into families, but unfortunately you cannot have it so it is editable/movable. I would just create a second tag for lighting fixture switch circuits.

B) Under a wire tag, make a label for "Circuits" and you should get a circuit home run in the format of <PANEL><SEPARATOR><CIRCUIT> where separator is the parameter set in your panel family.