PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2009 property lines problem

WT-09
2008-05-16, 08:13 PM
Hello guys.
Did anybody try to create property lines in Revit 2009 using table of distances and bearings? I was realy surprised to see that, in contrast to the previous version, there was no way to enter the direction (north, east, etc.) of your lines, which makes this tool totaly useless.
Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

iankids
2008-05-16, 08:37 PM
Hi Vlassov,

I have found the table for creation of property lines quite useful, albeit a bit tricky at times.

The tricky bit (for me at least) is correctly converting the angular measurement on the title plan from degrees and minutes -as it is most commonly expressed here- to the surveyors units of Ndeg,minW etc. For example a title line shown with an orientation of 137degrees would be in the Surveyors Units & as it needs to be notated in the Revit table, S 43 E. It gets a little bit tricker when one is dealing with minute or worse still seconds!!!! If the measurement was 137 deg 35 minutes, you would deduct the minutes from a whole degree - 60 - 35 = 25 & then the conversion would read S 42' 25" E

Once I had that sorted, the table worked fine for me. I use it pretty much all of the time now.

PS if anyone knows of a site (or a tool) which converts degrees and minutes to Surveyors Units, please let us know. I find all of my errors come from this manual conversion process!!!

Cheers,

Ian

WT-09
2008-05-16, 09:35 PM
Thanks, iankids.
So we need to convert S 42' 25" E into just degrees now? Our civil consultant's plans are always in S 42' 25" E type of units. In Revit 2008 you could input those right into the table without conversion. Couldn't they at least provide an option for that? I guess we'll have to live with it now. Thank you.

iankids
2008-05-16, 10:03 PM
Hi vlassov,

I may have been unclear in the previous post.

In Revit 2009, the input in the table is the surveyors units. ie N25W etc just as it was in Revit 2008.

For me there has been no difference between the two in this regard.

What input info is your table asking for? For me, I have no choice except Surveyors units.

The problem for me is that mostly, our title information is expressed in degrees and minutes rather than Surveyors units. If yours are already in the surveyors units, they should type straight in.

Cheers,

Ian

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-17, 02:51 AM
Hello guys.
Did anybody try to create property lines in Revit 2009 using table of distances and bearings? I was realy surprised to see that, in contrast to the previous version, there was no way to enter the direction (north, east, etc.) of your lines, which makes this tool totaly useless.
Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Just go to menu Settings > Site Settings > Angle display > Change it from Degrees to Degrees from N/S and you will have it the way you want.

Andre Carvalho

iankids
2008-05-17, 04:18 AM
Andre,

You are an angel!! So Simple, didn't even think of it.

Thanks

Ian

WT-09
2008-05-19, 01:14 PM
Thank you Andre Carvalho. It solved the problem.I appreciate everybody's responses.

millerj
2009-03-10, 01:57 AM
I noticed that if I used the default template file when starting the project the table did contain the NSEW selection. If I used no template the table did not contain the same ability. Being a novice I do not know where to change the table contents.