PDA

View Full Version : Quantitys of brickwork etc

still.james
2008-05-19, 08:37 AM
In revit, can you schedule the amount of brickwork, foundation etc?

tomnewsom
2008-05-19, 09:45 AM
Yes :)
(not in a way that will 100% satisfy the QS, but good enough for estimates, in my experience)

still.james
2008-05-19, 10:05 AM
cool, how would i do it lol

ejburrell67787
2008-05-19, 01:40 PM
I scheduled elevational brickwork by doing a schedule of external wall volume (filtered for the wall type) and then adding in a calculated value to divide the volume by the wall thickness and then tallied that.

If you haven't already try some schedule tutorials... they are very powerful! :mrgreen:

HTH.

Calvn_Swing
2008-05-19, 02:04 PM
You've got a lot of options actually. Schedules like Elrond suggested are usually the way to go, though "Material Takeoffs" as Revit calls them are also just as valuable depending on what you want. For something like Brick, I'd use material takeoffs and use surface area instead of volume. You'll want a calculated value, and if you're really trying to get an accurate quantity for estimating purposes don't forget to add a waste factor to the formula. Very few materials will get installed on site perfectly, especially dimensional materials like brick or tile. Waste factors can vary from 5% to 20% depending on the complexity of the facade when it comes to brick...