PDA

View Full Version : Navisworks not printing correctly

kingbayman
2008-05-19, 01:38 PM
Hey all,

I've been trying to get this problem solved with support@navisworks.com, but they have been totally useless. All I ever get back is an automated reply that they are behind schedule.

When 2 of our guys try to print or make a jpg out of navisworks, it cuts off everything larger than 640x640. If I make the exported jpg 640x640 then I at least get the whole picture, but it's not very pleasing to the eyes when it is put into a Powerpoint presentation on a big screen during meetings. I am including a jpg so it is better explained what is going on. Bearing mind that there shouldn't be any black in the picture.

bjschw
2008-05-20, 12:07 PM
Can anyone help I am having the exact same problems?

paul.mawson
2008-05-20, 03:48 PM
At least you get something

all i get is a background with nothing on it at all....

Our company are tempted to go else where as printing these are very important..

kingbayman
2008-05-22, 04:05 PM
I have found a resolution to the problem. I believe it has to do with a video card not being openGL compliant. Go to Tools>Global Options, on the Display tab, if "Occlusion Culling" is grayed out, you need to also uncheck "Hardware Acceleration." Once I did this, the prints and pictures came out full screen.

Ferroequine
2008-05-22, 08:16 PM
I second that. Check your video card settings.

My guys can print out full size, full res images without a problem all day long in Navisworks 5.x. They are all running decent FireGL cards though.