PDA

View Full Version : Etransmit and PN

burchd
2008-05-20, 05:44 PM
Good morning,

I am noticing that when we etransmit some files using the etransmit from PN, AND the files is set to bind xrefs, nothing shows up in the transmittal document.

Also, in this case the Fields on the title block are blank.

This document, when set to standard and put XREFS in the same directory, creates the document correctly, and it will show properly.

Has anyone else expeianced this problem and, if so, do you have a work around for it?

Thankyou.

dzatto
2008-05-21, 01:49 PM
I just ran a trial etransmit, and it worked fine. All the drawings are there, and when I open a sheet, all the fields are correct, including the project information in the title block. Can you post an etransmit and I'll check it. Maybe it's something on your end?

burchd
2008-05-23, 07:31 PM
Thankyou, but today im quite certain that its something on my end. I have tried a couple of other projects and they seem to be fine....

I have this operator, See.... To summarize, he doesnt understand why when you do not do things certain ways, they dont produce the correct result. He wants to do it his way, and it doest not produce a correct result. Yet, when he does it the right way, it produces the correct result.

Its looking like he is changing the XREF settings in the view. Im not sure yet why they show up correctly on the sheet in the project navigator, but when the etransmit happens it drops things. Realy, they should be gone in both..

I will do a bit more digging before i post anything....

dzatto
2008-05-23, 08:26 PM
Sounds like you need to have a little "talk" with your rogue cad tech.

It also sounds like you need a few of these. :beer::beer::beer:

burchd
2008-05-23, 10:11 PM
Yes well, my grandaddy used to say that THE most important part of any car was the nut holding the wheel..... Im sure that there is some CAD equivelent to that rich axiom.

The beers are allready underway. we call them boilermakers in this part of the world on a Friday afternoon...