PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2009 w/Vista

michael91077
2008-05-20, 10:42 PM
We are running Revit 2009 on Vista machines with Intel Dual processors and 4GB of Ram, and we are running into errors with Revit crashing starting today. When we are in 3D mode w/shading the model looks very choppy and if I select an object an element, Revit crashes. has anyone else had problems with Revit crashing or using Vista.

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-21, 01:34 AM
If you don't have the same issues when shadows are turned off, it may be an OpenGL related problem. Have you tried turning ON or OFF the OpenGL option under Revit options? Also, make sure your graphic card supports OpenGL and has the latest drivers installed.

Andre Carvalho

iru69
2008-05-21, 02:53 AM
To clarify Andre's post, as far as I'm aware, all issues between the video card and Revit's OpenGL Hardware Acceleration occur whether or not shadows are on. But as Andre suggested, the place to start is with Revit's OpenGL HA. Turn that off and see if the problem goes away.

If OpenGL isn't turned on and you're still having the crashing problem, it may have something to do with the file?

There are a number of users here using Vista with 2009 and I don't believe anyone's come across issues specific to Vista - it's very unlikely in any event.

michael91077
2008-05-21, 02:53 PM
I read the post about Revit and video cards, we are using nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS video cards, I am trying the steps shown to see if that works, if not, then I will try to update the video card driver itself and see if that does anything.

**update**
we figured out the fix to the issue we were having with our choppy 3D model, we updated graphics drivers, and tried turning OpenGL on and off, and all we had to do, was click on the Viewcube in any direction, and the model graphics were returned to normal. hopefully this glitch will be corrected with a service pack release, soon.