PDA

View Full Version : Default project phase

sifuentes
2004-09-10, 08:36 PM
Is there a way to set a project phase as the default phase?

Thanks,

sfaust
2004-09-10, 10:40 PM
Not sure exactly what you are asking, but if you are wanting objects to be drawn in a certain phase by default, not exactly. They will be drawn in whatever phase the view you drew them in is set to. For example, if your view is set to "show all-existing" they will be drawn in the existing phase, if you change it to "show all-new construction" they will be drawn in the new construction phase. Does that answer your question?

sifuentes
2004-09-11, 12:20 AM
My problem was this: I needed to create 33 floor plan views. I was creating them as needed, and they were created with project phase set to project-completion by default. I hadn't realized this, so everything I was creating was created on that phase, when I wanted them on new-construction. I wanted to set project phase to new construction for the new views, and thus for new objects. This was somehow changed to the correct phase along the way, but I am not sure how this happened. Probably as many things with Revit, it just takes the last settings used.

beegee
2004-09-11, 12:55 AM
A reasonably fast way to change the phase of your 33 views to the correct phase,( without laboriously opening each one in turn ) is to create a view schedule ( View>New>Viewlist) add a field for phases, sort by phase, then just click on the phase column against each of the views and select the correct phase from the drop down.