PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Slow Export to Autocad

michaelf
2008-05-21, 01:17 PM
I'm having a heck of a time exporting to DWG from Revit 2008. My system freezes up it seems like, everytime I export. I'm exporting a single view (to give to an engineer) from a local copy of a central file. File is about 190 MB. I have 4GB of RAM on my system and exporting the single view is crushing my system. Can anyone help me out? I've had it crash before while exporting multiple views, so I've since started exporting one view at a time, which is time consuming and cumbersome. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

lev.lipkin
2008-05-21, 01:22 PM
Please send you model (attach your journals) to Support for investigation. Thanks.

psteel
2008-05-22, 08:06 AM
We encountered the same problem, but we now export to the machines local drives and a not across the network. Place a folder in a local drive called Revit Export and try to batch or singularly export to this. It does mean moving the files afterwards.

Hope this helps

Phil - London

twiceroadsfool
2008-05-22, 02:28 PM
Ive had experience with a bunch of strange occurances:

1. Try putting the view on Coarse level of detail instead of Fine, if it isnt already. One of our models, for some reason, when its on fine level of detail in any of the floor plans, it freezes trying to make the pat files for the export.

2. try killing any DWG files you have importe and/or linked. Weve had several problems with DWG files that are in the model causing it to hang up on export. Just yesterday, it happened with a DWG that were using for a location map. Tried the export on three machines. Deleted the view with the DWG file from the sheet, it exported immediately.

3. Commas in file names (sheet names). (Allthough this was a bigger issue with plotting to PDF... It stalled distiller and made it generate an error for every sheet to follow afterwards...)