PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall Help

mitch.cornelius
2008-05-21, 04:00 PM
I am creating a fairly complex curtain wall in Revit 2009. The curtain wall has the standard layer of glazing and mullions but there are panels (ranging from 4" x 1" to 12" x 1") set out from the face of the glass about a foot. These fins are kicked back to the inner curtain wall at each horizontal mullion.

In the curtain wall section, the panel to the left labeled with note 9/note 10 is the panel that is kicked back, the interior glazing is shown with note 7. The horizontal braces are shown by note 11.

Right now the panels are modeled as a curtain wall, the vertical fins are mullions and no panel is loaded. I'm struggling with getting the horizontal braces to be there. I understand the only way may be to insert them individually as generic models. There is supposed to be a small gap in the panels at each brace though and I am struggling to get the mullion function to put that gap there.

With 155,000 SF of curtain wall on this project it would be nice to get this automated somehow. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work for me? I realize it may be confusing; if this is unclear then I will try to clarify.

mitch.cornelius
2008-05-21, 04:10 PM
I apologize, here are the images.

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-21, 06:55 PM
You can try creating a new curtain panel family and model both curtain panel and the panel that is kicked back in one family. You can even include half mullion, so when the next panel is inserted the half mullion from the other panel creates one full mullion.

That being said, you won't have real mullions because they will be part of the curtain panel. it might work like that. You will probably have to create special panels for the corners or other special condition, though.

Andre Carvalho