PDA

View Full Version : Phases Course Fill Pattern

guitarchitect7
2008-05-21, 04:48 PM
I really like the new option to define fill patterns for different phases. It allows me to put hatching on demo, gray fill for existing, but I'm having trouble getting my New walls to show as a solid black.

Under my graphics overrides, I have the fill pattern as solid, with black and checked as visible. I have my view properties set as "Show Previous + New". My existing shows correctly, even my demo shows correctly, but my new walls do no. I end up having to go into each wall and setting the coarse fill pattern that way. To me the defeats the purpose of the graphics override of the phases.

So what am I missing?

patricks
2008-05-21, 04:58 PM
In the Phases dialog, check to see if New objects in the Show Previous + New filter are shown as By Category, or Overriden. I think by default, new objects are NOT overridden, so you'll need to change it to be so.

However, I think this will affect ALL new objects, including some that you might not want to show as black.

guitarchitect7
2008-05-21, 05:01 PM
In the Phases dialog, check to see if New objects in the Show Previous + New filter are shown as By Category, or Overriden. I think by default, new objects are NOT overridden, so you'll need to change it to be so.

However, I think this will affect ALL new objects, including some that you might not want to show as black.

Alright, figured it out! It had to do with my phase filters and display "By Material". Another step to help ensure that everything is displayed as need within each phase.

Your are correct, it does it for ALL new objects, and that presents a problem. Thank you for the help. I think my best bet is to show it by material and change in the wall type.