PDA

View Full Version : Can't 'Rotate this project'

sifuentes
2004-09-10, 09:49 PM
I am trying to rotate the project to re-orient it. I am doing this in a floor plan view, but I keep receiving this message:

View must be oriented to true north (available only in plan views) Modify view properties, or use a different view.

I have tried other floor plan views with no luck. What is preventing the rotation? What should I check in view properties?

Thanks,

sfaust
2004-09-10, 10:35 PM
In view properties there is a field called "orientation" which has a drop down list that can be set to either project north or true north. Set it to true north and you're good to go.

FK
2004-09-10, 11:11 PM
What exactly do you mean by re-orienting the project? Are you trying to effectively rotate everything in the project? In that case Rotate this Project/True North may not be the best tool.

sifuentes
2004-09-11, 12:02 AM
What I want to do is this: I have this project that we want showing west up on the sheet. So, I started modeling the building like that, with Revit's default setting north up. So, I want my north pointing to the right side of the screen on my floor plans, instead of up wards. Does that make sense?

Thanks,

beegee
2004-09-11, 01:05 AM
Then Sfaust's advice is correct for you. After you have set the View Properties to True North, select Tools > Location and Coordinates > Rotate this project True North and a rotation tool will appear allowing you to dial in the correct rotation.

sifuentes
2004-09-13, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all the advice.

FK
2004-09-13, 06:48 PM
For the future: you want to lay out the drawings the way you want them to appear. There is no harm if project north is true west.