PDA

View Full Version : Raster layer block out

mmeninga6877
2008-05-22, 04:07 PM
I am using GTX Raster CAD to copy tiffs of arcitectual drawings into CAD files. I have a template with seperate layers for Dimensions, notes, Lines, etc. and one for the Raster image. When i import the Raster it totally blocks out the Template. As I copy the image you can see the new lines and raster at the same time untill I try to turn off the Raster layer or go into the tool bar to format text or something after that the raster layer completely covers the other layers even in spots where the is no image on the raster layer. Its still possible to highlight the lines on the other layers when I pass over them with the cursor but otherwise they are no longer visable unless I turn off the raster layer. This is very problematic when half way through a drawing and trying to figure out what I've already copied.

Is there a way to tone down this "Raster Dominance" or get the other layers to show up again after they disapear behing the Raster layer?

Thankful for any info I can get

Mark

Railrose
2008-05-25, 05:29 AM
Have you tried moving the image to the back of the drawing? I'm not on my work computer to be able to give details on doing that, but if you're working with AutoCAD, there is a draw order in the pulldowns. You might give that a try.

bverwey
2009-02-09, 06:31 PM
As described earlier everytime I import/attach a raster image file the first thing I do is use the Tool/draworder command and send the image to the back. This will allow visibility of all other vector entities and manipulation of these relative to the image below. Make sure once you image is scaled/moved/rotated to the location you want that you lock it the image frame option. This will prevent the image from forming part of your selection group while edidting.