PDA

View Full Version : Couple of minor items I liked better in RAC08

Henry D
2008-05-22, 06:31 PM
I am starting to work on a new project in RAC09.

A couple of minor items I wish had remained as in 2008:

-When loading a family there used to be an option to go online to the Revit Content Library, that option no longer exists. We can do a "Content Search Online", but that doesn't have an option to go to the Revit Content site.

-When selecting a material, the last selected material used to come up as the first option...that was quite handy when applying the same material to different objects. That no longer happens and one has to search down a long list of materials.

-Also, when editing a family...what's with the truncated family editing options? I have to keep expanding it to get all the commands.

patricks
2008-05-22, 06:43 PM
Not sure what you're talking about on material selection. I just picked a material for a door family. Then I selected a different family with By Category listed for its material. When I clicked to specify the material, the list was sitting there on the last material I had picked for a door. Works the same as it always has from what I can tell.

And what are you referring to on the family editor? I don't have to expand anything when I edit a family in 2009.

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-22, 06:52 PM
From Revit 2008 I miss the ability of creating sweeps hosted on roof ridges and hips... :(

Andre Carvalho

eddy.lermytte
2008-05-22, 07:56 PM
material editor > Identity parameters
In 2008, OOTB parameters and Custom Parameters shared the same list.
Splitting and rearranging them is a good idea but in 2009, to much space is "wasted" on the layout of the OOTB parameters leaving space for only one Custom Parameter visible at instance, two after you scroll down.

Scott D Davis
2008-05-23, 06:08 AM
-When loading a family there used to be an option to go online to the Revit Content Library, that option no longer exists. We can do a "Content Search Online", but that doesn't have an option to go to the Revit Content site.

Its on the Revit startup page, link is on the right. You could bookmark it/save it to favorites for easy retrieval. I think most went to this site once, downloaded the entire contents and saved it locally/on local network.

-When selecting a material, the last selected material used to come up as the first option...that was quite handy when applying the same material to different objects. That no longer happens and one has to search down a long list of materials.

Type a term in the search box at the top of the material dialog to make the long list of materials much more managable. Also, changing the class filters the list of materials.

-Also, when editing a family...what's with the truncated family editing options? I have to keep expanding it to get all the commands.

Not sure what you mean?

Henry D
2008-05-23, 03:01 PM
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your clarifications. This is what I mean by not getting the full list of commands when editing a sketch. In RAC 08 all the commands went to the side of the project browser now they get put down at the bottom and I have to keep expanding it. Is there any way I can get it to show the whole list without having to keep expanding it?

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-23, 03:06 PM
No. Nothing has changed on Revit 2009 regarding the sketch commands position. Just move the project browser window away from the left, so the sketch options will return to its original position. Then bring the project browser window back to where you want. It should correct the problem.

Andre Carvalho