PDA

View Full Version : Add ceramic tiles to wall

still.james
2008-05-23, 01:32 PM
how would i do this for a render?

i wanted 3x150mm tiles above the kitchen worktop.

jarteel
2008-05-23, 01:53 PM
I would make a separate wall family with the desired look, create a wall with the size you want and embed into the wall

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-23, 02:47 PM
Or just use the Split face tool and then use the Paint Bucket with the material you want.

Andre Carvalho

zenomail105021
2008-05-23, 04:26 PM
Or a 1/2" face based family with appropriate hatching.

Bill Maddox

dhurtubise
2008-05-23, 09:05 PM
If you ahve to repeat it a few times or on different wall i would definitely use the face based family.

rjcrowther
2008-05-23, 11:53 PM
If you model the tiles with a wall based family then it will show the tile edge and be more realistic. The down side is it will show double lines in plan view on the wall edge and you then need to hide the family in plan view. Section view would be the same.

If you split face and paint then rendering is not as good but then all other views are likely to be how you want them.

It depends what is the most important to you.

Personlly I am a split face person because if I am going to worry about tile edges then I also think the level of detail needs to be shown everywhere - door handles, taps, sinks half full of water, cups plates knives forks on sink strainers, windows with curtains, etc, etc. If I was going to go to that extent then I wouldn't be using Revit for this.

adb
2008-05-27, 12:22 PM
I know you stated that you were only interested in this solution for a rendering but keep in mind that if you are also interested in acurate quantity takeoffs it makes a big difference as to which method you choose to show the tile.