PDA

View Full Version : Railings to Balusters. How?

Damo
2004-09-11, 11:57 PM
Request for a little guidance, please.

I have a project where the staircase balustrading is the normal Revit Railing family (horizontal bars).

Having proceeded through various design options, the client now wants to change the railings to either vertical balusters, or maybe solid infill panels.

Easy, I thought,.... but no.

I have imported the new balustrade family into the project. I select the unwanted railing and go to the Project Browser to choose my new balustrade, but it will not offer me my new alternative.

I can see where the problem lies, the Railings are a 'Railing' family. The alternative I want to use is a 'M_Baluster' family. Same place and function, but different family!

beegee
2004-09-12, 12:20 AM
Balusters are a component of Railings. Railings are made up from rails and balusters, both of which are families that are loaded into a project. Once you have these families loaded, make a new Railing by selecting the appropriate baluster and railing family combination, together with heights , spacing and posts. Rename it and place it, making sure you set the stair as host.

PeterJ
2004-09-12, 07:40 AM
If the project came in from 6.0 make sure you are now using a 6.1 stair as this will give better functionality both in the stair and the railings.

Easiest way toachieve this is open a new project rename a stair type as Damo and the make use of transfer project standards.