PDA

View Full Version : Sloped slabs

sbkaye
2008-05-27, 09:54 AM
How can I build the sitecomponents such as roads, sidewalks, etc. (Slabs with changing slopes). I thought to use a floor element and modify it with the options of "modify sub-elements", "Draw points" and "Draw split lines".
But those modifying options are not available as soon as the slab is curved instead of rectangular.
What other tool could I use?
The shape would have a consistant thickness but an irregular shape and wide range of different heights, including curving upwards, downwards or sideways.

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-27, 01:18 PM
If you are using Revit 2009 you can have the floor sub elements even if the floor sketch contains curves and arcs. In Revit 2008, you can achieve that using a workaround (draw your sloped floor using only straight lines to be able to modify its sub elements and then use Modelling > Openings > Vertical openings to cut parts of your floor and make it the shape you want, including arcs and curves)

Keep in mind though that unless it has changed on Revit 2009, if you have railings hosted to the floor, modifying the floor slope by editing its sub elements won't make the railing follow it. It will follow the floor on its original shape.

Andre Carvalho

sbkaye
2008-05-27, 01:41 PM
Thanks a lot. Now I am waiting impatiently for Revit 2009 which I will get next week. But meanwhile I will try your other suggestion.