PDA

View Full Version : Keynote orientation

PeterJ
2004-09-12, 10:56 AM
I place keynotes to both left and right of details on my drawings, particularly where I am using them on GA sections. This causes a problem with right and left alignment of descriptive text in keynotes which are more than just an ABC or 123 identifier.

I have looked at whether text alignment can be made parametric and there doesn't appear to be a method that supports this, nor can keynote text visibility be made parametric. Anyone have any thoughts on this other than two sets of keynotes?

aggockel50321
2004-09-12, 02:14 PM
Might be more work than it's worth, but if you have lots of kenotes, you could try this.

If it's the noteblocks that you're placing, you could add a parameter to your schedule (make it hidden) called say, justification, then assign a value "left" to notes you want on the left, and "right" to notes on the right.
Then duplicate the schedule. Justify and filter one schedule for the notes you want on the left, then justify & filter the other for notes on the right.

If you want to hide the confusing schedule titles, you can do that by unchecking the box under the appearance tab.

PeterJ
2004-09-13, 05:26 AM
It's not the noteblocks that are the problem, it's the keynotes themselves.

In the attached image all of the text you see is different type instances of a single keynote family. See how the fixed left alignment causes a problem with the attachment of the leader?

GuyR
2004-09-13, 06:22 AM
This is just another issue with keynotes. From memory the last update to keynotes was V4.5. So hopefully some improvements in V7 with a bit of luck?

Guy

jdagen4
2011-11-04, 05:22 PM
Inexcusable.

Alfredo Medina
2011-11-05, 02:59 PM
Inexcusable.

Please see my reply at the Autodesk forums:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Edit-the-keynote-family/m-p/3217646/highlight/false#M55416