PDA

View Full Version : Scale in titleblock can we change "As Indicated"?

vaughndave
2008-05-27, 05:47 PM
Anyway to change the SCALE label in a tltleblock from "As Indicated" to "AS NOTED" or the like?

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-27, 06:01 PM
No. You can't do that.

You may want to use two titleblocks: One to use when you have drawing at the same scale and a second one (where you don't have the scale parameter and just change that to a text written "AS NOTED") to use when you have sheets including views with different scales.

Andre Carvalho

ron.sanpedro
2008-05-27, 06:14 PM
No. You can't do that.

You may want to use two titleblocks: One to use when you have drawing at the same scale and a second one (where you don't have the scale parameter and just change that to a text written "AS NOTED") to use when you have sheets including views with different scales.

Andre Carvalho

Why not just remove the scale indication from the sheet completely? It is always on the view, so the sheet version is redundant and really nothing more than an old hand drafting convention. I have done the same with Drawn By, which no longer has any validity, especially on a sheet which is made up of a lot of people's work even if it is just a single floor plan.

Best,
Gordon

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-27, 06:19 PM
Why not just remove the scale indication from the sheet completely? It is always on the view, so the sheet version is redundant and really nothing more than an old hand drafting convention. I have done the same with Drawn By, which no longer has any validity, especially on a sheet which is made up of a lot of people's work even if it is just a single floor plan.

Best,
Gordon

I agree with that. Sometimes it is better to change the standards to make the software work for you and not trying to cheat it to make it create documents that looks like an old standard...

But I posted it anyway, just in case people still want to keep working like that.

Andre Carvalho

Justin Marchiel
2008-05-27, 06:39 PM
yeah i agree too. we have been using TEAM in the drawn by location. i wonder if we will ever evolve to have 12 fingers......

twiceroadsfool
2008-05-27, 08:06 PM

Best,
Gordon

I echoed those exact sentiments as well... I didnt win the argument, but i one hundred percent agree with you. Drawn by is absolutely laughable in a program like this. LOL...