PDA

View Full Version : Previous Version Use Benefit

patricks
2008-05-27, 06:20 PM
I see something in my 2009 Comm center about this, but when I click the link and log into subscription center, I can't find any information about that. Anyone know where to look?

Justin Marchiel
2008-05-27, 06:37 PM
i remember reading about this last release where when you are on subscription you have the write to continue to use a pervious version. under the ula i believe that none subscription users need to uninstall the old version when upgrading. obvioulsy this can have some problems if you have a legacy job you dont want to upgrade incase there are issues with the upgrade.

Justin

patricks
2008-05-28, 06:26 PM
Oh I get it, I thought it was some kind of utility to save back to a previous version hah, no such luck there I guess. :p

iru69
2008-05-28, 06:43 PM
I don't believe that is correct. Even if you're not on subscription, you may continue to use previous versions that you've "purchased".

What the "previous version use benefit" describes is that if you are on subscription, you may use the previous four(?) releases even if you didn't "own" revit at the time of their release. This was implemented in order to ensure that new Revit license holders could use previous versions of Revit for project coordination with those that are using a prior version.

i remember reading about this last release where when you are on subscription you have the write to continue to use a pervious version. under the ula i believe that none subscription users need to uninstall the old version when upgrading. obvioulsy this can have some problems if you have a legacy job you dont want to upgrade incase there are issues with the upgrade.

Justin

jeffh
2008-05-28, 11:35 PM
I don't believe that is correct. Even if you're not on subscription, you may continue to use previous versions that you've "purchased".

This is only correct if the software is not "upgraded". If you have "upgraded" your software from a previous version you must un-install the old version upgraded from within 120 days of instaling the newer version.

From the EULA:

2.3 Upgrades. If Autodesk labels the Software in the User Documentation as an upgrade or update (“New Version”) to software previously licensed to You (“Previous Version”), then within one hundred twenty (120) days of Installing the New Version: (i) You must cease all use of the Previous Version and uninstall all copies of the Previous Version that are Installed on Your Computer; and (ii) upon request by Autodesk, return any User Documentation for the Previous Version to Autodesk or the authorized distributor from whom You acquired the Previous Version. Autodesk reserves the right to require You to show satisfactory proof that all copies of the Previous Version have been uninstalled. For purposes of this Section, “uninstall” means to delete or remove. Autodesk or an authorized third-party in connection with the Software licensed to You hereunder may provide You additional software that supplements or extends the Software. Such supplemental software shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement except Section 5.1 (Limited Warranty), unless otherwise specified at the time of delivery.

If you are on subscription the older versions of the software can be used perpetually. You DO NOT have to un-install after the 120 days has expired.