PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2009 Directory Structure...?

rudy.tovar
2008-05-27, 07:27 PM
Ok...I haven't upgrade my system at home...disconnected internet...and wanted to install 2009, so I downloaded RAC2009 and installed Revit, but missing 9 files...which I've been able to download all except for one CAB file.

I would like simply create the directories, and extract the CAB files into their directories.

So, can anyone tell me the directory structure for 2009, and tell me where all the cab files go? and the render...

I haven't connect internet yet, and I don't have this system with a DVD reader...

ejburrell67787
2008-05-28, 08:08 AM
Sorry your post isn't clear - you say you downloaded RAC2009 but also that the internet isn't connected?

...if you do have a live internet connection: If you open Revit it will advise you that some files are incomplete and ask you if you want to download/install the files now or not...

Good luck!

rudy.tovar
2008-05-28, 04:10 PM
I downloaded it before I disconnected.

I installed the main program, but the cab files were not installed, because I had disconnected the internet.

Disconnected = discontinued service...

My question was...Is it possible to install the CAB files, after the initial installation, and if so, where are they placed, so I can simply extract the files.

I found where the Render is installed, but not the other files. Help, templates, etc.

I'm actually posting from office.

Thank you for your suggestions.

ejburrell67787
2008-05-29, 08:34 AM
I might be wrong but I think the cab files are actually downloaded during the installation process and deleted once it is complete. Downloading the main software file is only the beginning!!

I did a search for cab files and the only thing that showed up is
C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 2008\Download\RevitSetup\RevitBuilding\data1

Hope that helps...