PDA

View Full Version : Form Filling

Roger Evans
2004-09-12, 05:54 PM
I detest form filling & can never understand why Local Bureaucracy requires 4 to 5 copies to be completed .. So here is a tip to save time & effort

I've imported a standard Planning Application form into my Revit Template on blank A4 sheets & have part completed the Text on the form .. now I am ready to go next time around ... Actually looks a lot neater & more professional as well .. (must remember to sign it off though.)

PeterJ
2004-09-12, 08:36 PM
That's a good idea, Roger. Have you stuck a property area scedule onto the form so that it reports site area automatically? Is it on a drawing sheet to make use of project address information etc?

When you have done the Building Control form too will you post it here for us, please?

Roger Evans
2004-09-12, 10:59 PM
I've had problems in the past from Local Auths rejecting an application not on their own forms ~ they shouldn't but do ~ and as the object of the exercise is to save hassle I would suggest people format to their own area.

I normally cover 6 Local Authority areas plus National Parks & I'm rethinking a bit & considering using a seperate single Revit file for all Local Authorities ~ Importing others as the need arises.

Good idea on the property schedule for TP1 forms etc

I've also heard rumours on e submission locally but nothing solid as yet.

PeterJ
2004-09-13, 05:12 AM
Its not more than a rumour here too.

dg
2004-09-13, 09:41 AM
As most LA forms are in pdf format, I have imported them into Acrobat Professional and completed my standard details and added text boxes for inputing client info. Even tick boxes can be placed.

Also, if you scan your signature in, then you can add this as a 'stamp'

The saved file is also searchable if you fill in the file properties

But I like the idea of keeping it all in Revit and only typing client details once

Damo
2004-09-13, 01:23 PM
I've also heard rumours on e submission locally but nothing solid as yet.London Borough of Richmond have been accepting e-submissions since last year. You can Submit *.dwg drawings electronically, the public can view, search and even object to planning applications. http://www.richmond.gov.uk/depts/env/envprotection/planning/default.htm

Also, received notice this morning in post (ironic, I know) that Basingtonstoke & Dean BC are gearing up for this in v.near future. I'm sure more LA's are, but don't know which yet.

(Just my contribution)